What We Offer
The shop offers a useful and desirable range of food and grocery products, with a range of stock based on the results of a consultation exercise and careful study of similar successful shops.
In essence, it is be a high quality modern, fresh shop offering the kinds of things people want today with an emphasis on local produce (and Fair Trade).
It is a sort of hybrid between a small farm shop, a deli and a convenience store and the main items include include
- Fresh fruit & veg brought in daily from Covent Garden
- Milk from a local dairy & bread from Slindon Bakery and Jenger craft breadmakers
- Deli type products
- Basic groceries and household goods
- Off licence & papers, greetings cards
The café licensed cafe seats 18-20 inside, plus more outside in fine weather and we welcome both villagers and visitors alike.
- We do good coffee (our own blend created for us by Coffee Compass, which is VERY well regarded ) and tea throughout the day
- We offer breakfast (bacon baps, croissant, toast & marmalade, plus full cooked breakfast - to 10.30).
- Light lunches home-made soup, quiche, sandwiches, salads, a really nice Ploughmans featuring Sussex made cheeses from High Weald Dairy or own home-baked ham
- Our own LEGENDARY sausage rolls and tartlets etc
- We do takeaway too.
- Afternoon teas and good cake (almost all of it made locally for us).
There is a focus on quality ingredients (using local produce where possible), imaginative and appealing presentation, creative and distinctive recipes etc. And have a licence so we can offer you a glass of wine or beer with your food.
The Information Point
We have an information point covering community information plus leaflets etc about the Slindon estate and the wider South Downs National Park area and attractions. WiFi and computer access is also be available. The National Trust plan a wizzy interactive information screen and a dedicated Slindon History website, accessible at the Forge.